Graceful, charming and elegant, Elisa Rosse has been crowned the new Miss Eco Mauritius International last week. We meet with the beauty queen.
Elisa Rosse works as a Marketing Assistant for CFAO Motors. Crowned as Miss Eco Mauritius International, the 26-year old cannot control her feeling of happiness and pride, not to forget lots of tears! “It is an achievement to be crowned as Miss Eco Mauritius International because I will have the opportunity to represent my beautiful country at the grand finale of Miss Eco Universe in Egypt in 2017. I will compete along with Eco beauty queens from more than 75 different countries and will do my very best to be among the top finalists,” she shares.
Her participation in Miss Eco Mauritius competition was motivated by the fact that it is a beauty contest which serves a noble cause. “Being a nature and animal lover, I feel very concerned about the protection of our environment. We are very lucky to live in such a beautiful country but we cannot deny that pollution is everywhere. I would like Mauritians to be more conscious and responsible of their actions. Together, we can bring a change but we must all shoulder our responsibility,” she expresses.
- Favourite Colour – Gold and Turquoise Blue
- Favourite Actor – Gerard Butler
- Favourite Actress- Indian: Kangana Ranaut/ Hollywood: Angelina Jolie
- Favourite sport person – Usain Bolt
- Favourite Football player – Luis Suarez
- Favourite Food – Butter chicken with Naan or any vegetarian Indian food.
- Favourite Destination- Egypt of course
- Favourite childhood memories: I have been living in Goodlands since the age of nine and most of my best childhood memories are associated with this village, where I spent most of my free time in the trees with my brothers and sister, bare foot and messy hair.
- I cannot resist: Shoes, make-up and Maltese puppies
- My dream: To travel and discover the world with my loved ones.
- Elisa in one word: REAL
Elisa Rosse loves dancing. “It is as close a means we can get to express our inner self. When I dance, I forget everything... I live and enjoy the moment.” It is not the first time she participated in a beauty pageant. “I have also participated in a dance competition where I got the Best Stage Presence and Personality Award. I love everything related to art. When I was a child, I won several painting competitions and I enjoyed doing portraits. Given my hectic schedule, I do not really have time to practice this art now.”
The journey of Elisa has not been as rosy as it seems. She had to balance her work life and training. “It was mostly about efficient time management because we had intensive training sessions with the Miss Eco Committee and there were several sessions each week-end. Since I work, I had to find time to prepare my Talent performance, my Recycled dress, my Eco-tourism video and Interview. I took these challenges as opportunities to be a stronger and more organised person.”
My future plans…
Elisa is all set to realise eco projects she has in mind with the help of all the finalists and runner ups. “We are now a family and our goals do not change. Of course, I should start to prepare myself for the Final of Miss Eco Universe in 2017. The competition starts now and I want to be among the best candidates.”