To PRESIDENT VLADIMIR PUTIN and to PRESIDENT VOLODYMYR ZELENSKYY.
This war has to end. People of Ukraine are dying, others getting wounded, their habitats and living resources destroyed. A huge number of Ukrainians have been displaced and are now refugees. Russia is losing human and economic resources, and face vis-a vis its population, its few allies and definitely the rest of the world.
In this modern world (where we are all together fighting climate change and pandemics) war and weapons MUST be replaced by diplomacy, facilitated by UN and the world community, as the only means of resolving conflict.
We call upon Russia and Ukraine to met, at top level, NOW, with support from UN, EU, USA, Britain, China, India, Turkey and others and come to an agreement where both sides win.
OBJECTIVE: Both parties have full interest in agreeing on a set of conditions and ending hostilities NOW.
HERE is an updated proposal of 8 main clauses, for discussion, refinement and implementation TO ACHIEVE AN IMMEDIATE CEASEFIRE IN UKRAINE.
For Russia: to stop the military action, as per clause 3 and 4 below, having achieved a large part of what we assume it set out to achieve, namely full integration of Crimea and a free choice of the people of Donbas and South Ukraine.
For Ukraine: to start the rebuilding efforts, the return of refugee Ukrainians and peaceful living.
MAIN CLAUSES to be agreed upon and signed by Russia and Ukraine.
1. For the next 5 years, accept Kremlin’s insistence on neutrality for Ukraine, to neither build up its army or join NATO or EU, and immediately stop asking and accepting heavy armaments from the West.
2.Specific oversight by Russian army and the European Union of all nuclear and chemical research facilities in Ukraine, to be used in future ONLY for energy production and medical purposes respectively.
3. Complete acceptance of the democratically elected Government in UKRAINE as the only legitimate government for the country. Complete acceptance of CRIMEA as a full part of Russia.
4. Propose and conduct referendum as per UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 21, on self determination of people and their choice for the future in DONBAS and SOUTH UKRAINE including Mariopol and the coastal area up to Kherson. Conducted in Donbas area by the Russian forces, with UN election observers and in South Ukraine by the Ukrainian forces, with UN election observers.
Odessa and the coast of Ukraine to the Black Sea not part of the referendum. This would preserve Ukraine’s access to the Black Sea.
A 1st round of voting will address the question as to YOUR WISH FOR THE FUTURE OF YOUR REGION (3 choices):
TO BE PART OF UKRAINE,
TO BE PART OF RUSSIA, OR
TO BECOME AN INDEPENDENT STATE.
A 2nd round new vote will then take place, on the 2 options which come on top, unless one option has already collected over 66% of the votes in the first round.
Followed by immediate application of the results, together with free migration of people who do not wish to stay under the new status, whatever it may be.
5. Immediate ceasefire throughout Ukraine and gradually assisted return of all refugees who so wish.
6. Starting on the day of ceasefire and within one month, the removal of most if not all sanctions on Russia.
7. Enquiry, by a UN led team, of crimes against humanity, if any, by either side, during this conflict.
8. HUGE COMMON EFFORT FROM RUSSIA, EU, UKRAINE, UN and others to repair damaged areas, update water and food supplies, health facilities, transport, habitat, as well as agriculture and exports etc and to freely resettle refugees now in Poland, Romania, Moldavia, Russia, Belarus and elsewhere. Compensation from RUSSIA, the attacker, for families of people killed during the war.
Dr Michael ATCHIA
Notre service WhatsApp. Vous êtes témoins d`un événement d`actualité ou d`une scène insolite? Envoyez-nous vos photos ou vidéos sur le 5 259 82 00 !